Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Clean!

Today is Day 2 of my 21 day Clean cleanse.  Yes, I am doing another 21 day clean up my body diet!  No, I am not becoming anorexic disguised as health conscious, really.  The last detox was good, I felt healthier and lighter, but it was not quite deep enough - not quite clean enough.  I still have some kind of seasonal allergy thing going on - since last May!  Enough already.  I sound like a life-long smoker, coughing and clearing my throat constantly - not pleasant!  And I also want to be able to steer my clients to the right cleanse/detox for them - so I am also cleanse-shopping.

I was feeling a little nervous about starting this cleanse, but less than I would have been if I had not done the 21 day Detox in November.  But I have to avoid a lot more food on this one, and only have one solid meal a day.  Luckily I love smoothies and am so excited to have a Breville juicer (just like Joe had in in Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead!) to get all those fabulous enzymes and phytonutrients by the mason jar-full!

So far - I feel great.  I did cheat and have a cup of green tea yesterday, after a bumpy night of kids waking up (falling asleep while driving carpool is not advised!)  but otherwise just had my two liquid meals and chicken salad for lunch.  I had plenty of energy, and although I felt a bit hungry, it was in a curious - oh, this is hunger - kind of way;  Not in a - must grab a snack my blood sugar is crashing - kind of way.  And my blood sugar usually does crash...but apparently NOT from lack of food.  From caffeine?  From consuming too many carbs?  Hmmmm.....

Chicken Salad for Lunch


Today I actually feel a bit giddy - hey, that might be the detox talking! - or maybe the typo in the smoothie recipe this morning (I think it meant 1 1/2 cups of coconut milk...not 1 1/2 cups of shredded coconut...ick)

Blueberry Coconut Sludge




 Looking forward to curried butternut squash soup for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment